Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Looper Gets the Chance to Lose Games in the First Inning...

So I spotted this little gem on Metsblog this morning...

On Friday, Chan Ho Park will start against the Cardinals, who will start Braden Looper…yes, you read that right…looper…the Cardinals are trying to convert him to a starting pitcher…


Now, I read Metsblog daily and generally trust their news, but this just seemed to good to be true. I mean, anyone who has followed the Mets for at least 2 years could tell you just how terrible Braden Looper is; to even think of starting him, and for the World Series Champs no less, just seems insane. But, sure enough, Metsblog was right...

"I don't think it's an experiment," [C@rds Pitching Coach Dave] Duncan said. "I wouldn't even consider trying him as a starter if I didn't think physically and mentally he (could) do it."
"I don't think it's a gimmick," Looper said. "I pride myself on what I do. I feel I do a lot of things the right way. I want to prove everybody wrong, if they don't think I can do it."


This is the kind of news that just makes your day. Looper, the choker himself, possibly STARTING for the hated C@rds. Now granted, the pressure on a starter is different from the pressure on a reliever, and hey, its possible that Looper might actually succeed in this role. Of course, having watched plenty of Looper myself, I just don't think thats a possibility; if anything, he'll most likely be back in the bullpen on opening day, and if not then certainly by midseason. But nevertheless, my advice to the Amazin's is make Looper look like Nolan Ryan on Friday. It will pay dividends when the season gets underway.

4 comments:

Slammnardo said...

Wow Chan Ho Park versus Braden Looper in a spring training game. Sounds about as exciting as watching paint dry.

Bushido Brown said...

cmon man...you can at least get high on fumes while watching paint dry...

The Blonde Menace said...

Why do they call them C@rds? I mean I get that it’s short for Cardinals, but why the @? That’s probably a really stupid question. Yo, overstock cigars = cheap cigar sale, having any Haitian babies anytime soon? Need celebratory cigars? I can hook you up for a nominal fee. No negotiations, please.

Bushido Brown said...

i think i'm the only one who calls them the C@rds, and i probably will forget to do it most of the time...its similar to the way arsenal fans write sp*rs when referring to tottenham...i mean, one shouldnt write out obscenities...